This wellness club just gets more and more exciting! Our members have their new reading assignment in hand and we start discussing the power of a balanced diet approach for losing weight and boosting your health!
Protein Power by Michael Eades, MD.
Books are on sale (special low price) at our office. We have one issue left right now and they are ordered on demand.
We discuss our first reading assignment on Monday Dec 7th meeting which is our Holiday Potluck. Guests are welcome. Please RSVP to (623) LP CHIRO if you would like a sneak peek at what our empowerment club is all about. your first visit is free.
Sunday, November 22, 2009
Wednesday, November 4, 2009
Well let's just say "safe" alternative. Mammography involves high doses of radiation to the area of study. The smallest possible dose from a screening mammogram done with the best possible equipment = 340 millirads. (compare this to a chest xray= 16 millirads where 1 millirad reaches the breast tissue). (Lee, John "What your Doctor May Not Tell You About Breast Cancer.")
Our doctors at Lake Pleasant Chiropractic have been firm advocates for testing methods which limit or exclude dangerous radiation to their patients. They finally found a reliable mobile company to partner with in providing thermography: The Longevity Center.
No Squeezing or Compressing of the Breast.
Results can be available within 1-3 business days (results are read by qualified medical doctor.)
Convenient, time efficient and comfortable.
Initial Breast scans are priced at $195. Follow up tests: $125.
Testing is typically the last Monday each month in our office. Our next test date is Monday November 23rd from 9am-1pm.
Appointments are already booking up so please call us soon at 623-LP CHIRO to schedule your appointment.
Each time a woman gets a mammogram, she increases her chances of getting breast cancer by about 5%. Any percent increase is a risk you can't afford to take.
You can learn more about Tammy Liener, our thermographer at www.breasthealthblog.com.
Sunday, November 1, 2009
Today, more and more people are questioning the rationale behind the flu shot pandemonium. And rightfully so, we should always question what we read and view in the media. This year, flu shots are being broadcasted around the world, both seasonal and now the new H1N1 vaccine. You can't walk into a local mart without being bombarded with 'Get Your Flu Shots Here" signs. Yet, people are also dying and suffering life altering disabilities shortly after receiving the vaccine.
We are urging you to read this excerpt from mercola.com. If you haven't yet, please log onto www.mercola.com and sign up for his free newsletter.
60-Minutes’ Story Also Highlighted Bacterial Infection as Flu Tragedy
Their segment, which aired last Sunday, did ask some hard questions to the Assistant Surgeon General. But they didn't ask why CDC officials persist in telling the public that this H1N1 strain of influenza is quite dangerous when the experience of those in the southern hemisphere (which just finished their flu season) is in direct conflict with what the CDC is telling the American people.
And, just like most of the mainstream media, 60-Minutes did not ask some of the most essential questions that need to be answered if you are to understand what is really going on with this "pandemic."
The issue of coexisting bacterial infections is one of those questions that need to be looked at more closely.
Their segment followed the story of a young high school football player who was infected with the H1N1 virus, received some form of medication for his flu symptoms, and then quickly developed a life-threatening staph infection in his lungs.
However, no questions were asked about what type of medication he received, even though it was clear that, after recovering slightly, he then quickly deteriorated after receiving the medication.
There was also no mention of whether the teen had already been vaccinated for seasonal or H1N1 influenza, either recently or in the past years.
A Canadian preliminary study is provocative in that it suggests that those who have gotten seasonal influenza vaccine in the past may be at greater risk for getting H1N1 and having complications.
The National Vaccine Information Center (NVIC) is calling for a comparison of vaccinated vs. unvaccinated individuals for all health outcomes, and I believe it would be prudent to do so.
After all, in order for anyone to make an informed decision about vaccines, you need to have certain facts at hand, not conjecture stating that something is "believed to be safe" even though it has never been studied!"
And mercola.com has much more information to read in order to educate yourself before making the decision on what to do about protecting yourself.
DR. DIAS-ZAIR AND DR. ZAIR'S 7 STRATEGIES FOR CREATING HEALTH AND KEEPING YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM FUNCTIONING OPTIMALLY.
1. Get plenty of regular EXERCISE! Among other things, exercise improves your circulation and assists the body's immune cells in recognizing and attacking foreign threats, ie: viruses.
2. Get sufficient SLEEP! You won't be able to fight the flu if your adrenals (stress handling glands) are overworked. Let your body rest and rejuvenate.
3. Eat animal based omega 3 fatty acids. Look for a high quality and safe source. We recommend oils from Metagenics, Standard Process and Xymogen, available at qualified health professional offices.
4. Optimize your blood Vitamin D levels. Ideally you want to have blood levels of 60-80. Your doctor should be able to send you for a simple blood screen or if you are a patient, you can be referred for a test at a low discount fee through our lab co-op. Vitamin D is one of the most important nutrients for building a strong immune system to prevent and fight infection. During stressful times the doctors take Vit D3 oil at high doses plus try to get exposed to the sun's "life giving" rays for at least 20 minutes per day.
5. Avoid sugar at all costs! Sugar breeds infections and attracts cancer (Warburg effect. Read labels and search for sugars in all forms. (Our Creating Wellness Club members are currently developing this skill.
6. Don't allow your stress to consume you! When we live in a chronic stress response, the body shuts down many valuable systems especially your immunity.
7. Finally...Get Adjusted by your Chiropractor. Spinal adjustments are natural, valuable ways to regulate the nervous system by directly aligning the vertebrae. Our patients notice less colds and flu's, a higher level or productivity at work and home.. and to us, they seem like happier people!
For more information, call our office at (623) LP CHIRO (572-4476)to set up a consult or inquire about our informative and lively discussions at our Creating Wellness Club.