So where are we with the New Year's Resolutions? If you made any, how are you doing? At our wellness center we don't believe in New Year's Resolutions. We advocate New Life Resolutions, which implies a permanent change, not a yearly repeat of empty promises.
Try these simple steps to create a better quality of life.. in other words: A New You!
1. Treat yourself occasionally. You deserve it. A pampering bath. A weekend getaway. A wellness makeover. Anything healthy to improve your well being.
2. Watch less TV. Studies link TV viewing to negative outcomes, not the least of which is obesity. Instead, spend more time reading or a fun activity with the family.
3. Try new healthy foods. Experiment in the kitchen a little. Purchase something new in the produce section, research its properties and a recipe and voila! You may have spiced up your culinary skills and found a new way to boost your immunity.
4. Take more walks. Even a 15 minute stroll can rejuvenate and refresh your mind and spirit. Walk in a scenic park or on a hiking trail. Surrounding yourself in nature has its health benefits and besides, it's free.
5. Live in the moment. Every now and then detach yourself from the deadlines and expectations you place on yourself. Take a deep breath and look around. Be grateful for what you have and appreciate the simplicity of life. Each day is a gift.
Would you like to learn more? Join us as our guest at our Lifestyle Wellness Club first and third Mondays at 6:30pm-7:30pm. It is a doctor led forum based on educating its members so they can make sensible decisions for better health. Share ideas, laughs, health tips and more. First meeting is free. Get empowered to take action! Call (623) LP CHIRO or (572-4476).